Thursday, September 8, 2011

Inspiration #1

I've been inspired. It's true. The other day I read my sister-in-law Jenny's blog where she was discussing some of her favorite things. One of them was this fancy iheartorganizing blog. Oh my goodness...SERIOUSLY! I heart this blog!!! Careful, you can easily spend lots of time here. But there is a reason this beautiful blog hit home. I have been feeling a bit stressed and very annoyed that there are multiple places of yucky unorganized chaos in our appartment. THEN, another of my cute sister-in-lawsies posted all about her goals to make her home a "house of order." Immediately Amber and Jenny's blogs connected in my mind and BAM I was inspired. So I've started the very large project of organizing our little happy home so it can tooo be a house of order (someday). It is going to consist of tons of small projects and a couple large. Since our pantry was pretty bare already, I used our gigantic shopping trip as an opportunity to start there. Here's the before...





UGH. Nasty and messy, right? It's been driving me absolutely crazy. I haven't even been able to sweep the floor for months. So I cleared everything out...





Notice the grocery bags on the floor... yeah there were a ton of new things to put in there.









This little cutie patoootie loved the new clean floor! Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd TADAAAHHHHHH!!!!!















The pictures don't really do it justice. It is positively splendid! There was a stinky issue with the garbage too. So we decided to try out the old laundry sheet technique. We put one in the bottom of the garbage and sat the box right next to it. I take a large happy breath each time I enter that beautifully organized pantry. I have more little projects in mind, including an inventory grocery list for frequently used foods and a pretty little meal planner. But for now, project house of order #1 was so refreshing and wonderful!! So thanks Jenny and Amber for the inspiration!


2 comments:

  1. Awwww, I feel flattered you found some inspiration from me! And the pantry looks amazing!!!! Does it not feel soooo good to get organized? Lol! I have been working on the kids rooms again, moved Kya downstairs, and re-arranging stuff. I kinda enjoy it! I would love for you to share your meal plan idea with me! I haven't had a chance to search online and figure out what I want to do there yet. Come over? :)

    Oh, and *high five*!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Good Work! It makes such a difference to get things organized... I need to do some of that at out house! Thanks for the inspiration. I know I am lots less grumpy and much happier when our house is a house of order.

    ReplyDelete